Referee Clinics Announced!
Mar 28-29, 2015 (TENTATIVE)
Participants will be required to register for a clinic on the montanaref.org and also to complete about 5 hrs of online educational modules, and then take & pass an online test on the Laws of the Game.
Prospective referees, please visit the above link for all information on how to register and complete your pre-course study and testing material. Thank you for wanting to become a ref!
Visit the Montana Soccer Referee Association
Contact FSC Referee Assignor Rixon Rice at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Referees not registered in the previous year:
Any referee who was not registered with the U.S. Soccer Federation the previous year may be certified at the grade previously held after taking and passing the written qualifying examination, fitness test, and assessments. The following policy applies to referees who were previously certified and registered with the Federation:
1. Grade 8 referees who miss 1-2 consecutive years of registration can be re-registered as a grade 8 after completing a Referee Re-certification clinic.
2. Grade 8 referees who miss 3-4 consecutive years of registration can be re-registered after taking the Referee Bridge (Grade 9 to Grade 8) Course or the entire Entry Level Referee Training Course.
3. Grade 8 referees who miss 5 or more consecutive years must re-take the entire Entry Level Referee Training Course.
4. Grade 7 Referees and Higher – Referees can only be registered at the grade they qualify for. Referees who were Grade 7 or higher should be downgraded a minimum of one (1) grade, as per current policy (as long as they have met the criteria for that grade). Once they retake the appropriate course as listed above for grade 8 referees and have completed all the requirements for the previously held grade, they may be upgraded.
5. Grade 9 Referees who miss one or two years of registration may be re-certified after fulfilling all re-certification requirements for that grade. A Grade 9 Referee who misses two years of registration can be eligible to take the Bridge Course (9-8) after he or she has met the requirements to be re-certified as Grade 9.
6. US Soccer Federation Referee Instructors who wish to re-certify as a referee after a lapse in referee registration may be registered as a grade 8 referee upon meeting current recertification requirements, no matter how long it has been since they last registered as a referee, if they are currently registered as a US Soccer instructor and have taught, at a minimum, one entry-level referee training course in the last two years.